Turn of the Century Brennan House
The above photograph of the Brennan House was taken before the doctor's office was added in 1912. The Caldwell House is to the right of the house and a building is seen behind the house across the alleyway. The 1892 Sanborn map shows two small outbuildings behind the house. One was used as a “stable” for the family goats and the other could have been a shed or a privy. The Brennan family added restrooms to the house during the early part of the 20th century, but the exact date is unknown.